Are you ready to get a softphone working on your computer with SIPTRUNK.COM? This guide will get you up and running on Windows, Mac, or *NIX. If you have a trunk with us, and a few minutes of time, you can start making calls from your computer.
1. The first step is to download and install Zoiper on your computer.
2. Once you have installed and opened Zoiper go to "Settings", "Create a New Account", the "Account Wizard" will open to the screen below, select "SIP."
3. Enter your SIPTRUNK.COM “Trunk #” in the “user” box; enter your SIPTRUNK.COM Trunk “password” in the “password” box. Enter “gw1.siptrunk.com” in the “Domain” box.
4. The next screen should auto detect your “Account Name,” if it does not, enter your information in the following format:Trunkemail@example.com After clicking “Next” you will see:
5. Go to “Settings” then “Preferences.” Select your SIPTRUNK.COM account then select “Codec.” Remove all of them except “u-law.”
You may now make calls, ensure that you send 11 digits in total for calling in the U.S. (Example: 1-555-555-5555 = 11 total digits, without the 1 in front it would be 10 digits and the call would fail)
Enjoy making calls on your computer!