Are you ready to get a softphone working on your computer with SIPTRUNK.COM? This guide will get you up and running on Windows, Mac, or *NIX. If you have a trunk with us, and a few minutes of time, you can start making calls from your computer.
- The first step is to download and install Zoiper on your computer. At the time of publishing, it can be found at: http://www.zoiper.com/en/voip-softphone/download/zoiper3
- Once you have installed and opened Zoiper go to "Settings", "Create a New Account", the "Account Wizard" will open to the screen below, select "SIP."
- Enter your SIPTRUNK.COM “Trunk #” in the “user” box; enter your SIPTRUNK.COM Trunk “password” in the “password” box. Enter “gw1.siptrunk.com” in the “Domain” box.
- The next screen should auto detect your “Account Name,” if it does not, enter your information in the following format:Trunkemail@example.com After clicking “Next” you will see:
- Go to “Settings” then “Preferences.” Select your SIPTRUNK.COM account then select “Codec.” Remove all of them except “u-law.”
- You may now make calls, ensure that you send 11 digits in total for calling in the U.S. (Example: 1-555-555-5555 = 11 total digits, without the 1 in front it would be 10 digits and the call would fail)
Enjoy making calls on your computer!